Factory Scheduled Maintenance Prevents Costly Vehicle Problems
The best way to prevent long-term and costly problems with your vehicle is to keep up with its factory scheduled maintenance schedule. One major key to successfully making sure you are doing all you need to do is to read your vehicle’s owner’s manual. Regardless of your vehicle’s make or model, its owner’s manual will contain a maintenance schedule. Every make and model is different, and common beliefs such as “You have to change your oil every 3,000 miles,” may not apply to your car.
The maintenance schedule within your owner’s manual is provided by the people who understand your vehicle the best—the company that built it. The manufacturer provides suggestions for how often you need to change your oil, filters, driving belts, timing belts and more.
While some preventative maintenance—such as topping off fluids—can be performed by a vehicle’s owner, other, more complicated procedures should be handled by experts like the technicians at Southside Tire & Auto. We’ll keep your vehicle in top shape by performing the following maintenance:
- Inspecting and replacing timing belts (preventing damage to other accessories).
- Inspecting and replacing serpentine belts (preventing damage to other accessories).
- Checking and changing oil and oil filter.
- Checking, repairing and replacing battery connection components.
- Checking and replacing batteries.
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters. This can keep your car comfortable during the hot summer months.
- Checking and replacing your engine air filter. You may need to replace your engine air filter more frequently if you drive in stop-and-go traffic or have a long commute.
- Checking and replacing spark plugs.
- Tire inspection and rotation. This helps ensure even wear on your tires, which can help prevent blowouts and leaking. It also helps make your ride smoother.
- Tire balancing – balancing your tires prevents wear, which can significantly improve their life and save you money.
- Wheel alignment.
By following your vehicle’s owner’s manual and having your vehicle inspected and maintained regularly, you can greatly reduce problems and save money in the long run. Trust the experts at Southside to keep your vehicle running smoothly. Give us a call today at 218-326-0263.
Ready to schedule an appointment? Give us a call at 218-326-0363 or fill out the Check for Available Service Time Form below. After you submit the form, we’ll be in touch to schedule and confirm your service appointment.